Finnish National Travel Survey 2016
The data for the survey was collected during 2016 using a multi-mode method. The respondents were able to give their answers by phone, online or by post. A number of urban regions took part in the survey with their own additional samples. More than 30,000 Finns submitted answers to the survey. The results (External link) were published in March 2018 (in Finnish).
General presentation of the survey
The Finnish National Travel Survey has been carried out approximately every six years since 1974. It provides an overview of mobility in Finland and information on demographic, regional and temporal variations in passenger trips. Key findings of the Finnish National Travel Survey 2016 are presented below.
Finnish National Travel Survey 2016 and the definitions used
Here you can download the following publications:
- Finnish National Travel Survey 2016 (in Finnish) (External link)
- General presentations of the survey in Finnish , Swedish and English
- Technical report (in Finnish) (External link), describing the research methods and data contents
- Presentation slides (in Finnish)
- Regional key indicators (updated 13 November 2018, in Finnish)
Previous National Travel Surveys (1998-2011)
tel. +358 29 534 7053