Transfer of liability to pay taxes from holder to owner
If both an owner and a holder has been entered in the Transport Register for a vehicle, it is the holder who is liable to pay the tax. As the owner of the vehicle, you can submit an application to have the tax liability transferred to you.
Use the e-form if
- You wish to transfer the tax liability for a vehicle you own from its holder to yourself
- You wish to terminate an agreement on transferring tax liability
Conditions for using the service
- The applicant must be the owner of the vehicle
- The transfer can only take place from the vehicle’s first holder to the first owner
- This form cannot be used for changing vehicle registration data, e.g. a change of ownership.
- The transfer will enter into force for each vehicle as a new tax period begins, as long as the transfer notification or its modification has been approved
- The party taking over the liability to pay taxes will be liable to pay the tax on the same grounds that applied to the first taxpayer
- If the tax liability has been transferred in order to avoid tax payment, the tax may be debited as if the transfer had not taken place
- Traficom's e-Services are not available to companies that are bankrupt, in liquidation, or subject to restructuring proceedings.
Do the following:
Log into the electronic service.
Alternative ways of using the service