This accessibility statement applies to the website Traficom.fi.
Website accessibility status
This website partly fulfils the requirements of the Finnish Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019 (External link). However, it meets the critical A and AA requirements of the WCAG criteria. Please see below for a list of non-conformities and exceptions applicable to the criteria.
The content discussed below is non-accessible for the specified reasons:
Non-compliance with the Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019 (External link)
The following content and/or functionalities do not yet meet the requirements:
- (WCAG 1.1.1) Some of the diagrams on the site are provided as images, and no text alternative that serves the equivalent purpose has been specified for this content.
- (WCAG 1.4.5) The content pages feature some images of text for which no text alternatives serving the equivalent purpose have been specified.
- (WCAG 2.4.3) Using the Load More functionality is difficult, as the keyboard navigation always jumps to the beginning of the hit list after this key is pressed.
- (WCAG 1.3.1) The website contains table structures with column headings that are not programmatically determined.
- (WCAG 1.3.13) When opened with a mouse cursor, the drop-down menus in the main menu cannot be closed with keyboard commands.
- (WCAG 1.3.1) There are minor shortcomings in the use of heading levels. Some levels have been skipped, and not all headings have been programmatically determined as headings.
- (WCAG 2.1.1, 2.4.3, 4.1.2) In forms, using some functions with a screen reader or keyboard commands is challenging and in some cases impossible (for example, time selection consisting of three input fields and a file attachment field).
- (WCAG 1.3.1, 2.1.1, 2.4.7) The additional information functionality in forms (i icon) cannot be used with keyboard commands or a screen reader.
- (WCAG 1.1.1) Graphs with no text alternatives have been used in some PDF documents.
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Some PDF documents have layout issues that hamper screen reader use (for example, unnecessary line breaks and headings with no heading levels).
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Table structures in some PDF documents have issues that hamper screen reader use (for example, table structures are used for text layout, there are no programmatically determined column headings, and similar data have been divided into several tables).
- (WCAG 1.3.1) There are no links to the footnotes in the text of some PDF documents, and interpreting them is difficult when using a screen reader.
- (WCAG 1.4.3) Some PDF documents have contrast issues (white text on a blue background and links shown in the same colour as the body text).
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Various sections in forms have no programmatically determined headings, and elements belonging together within sections have not been grouped. This makes the form’s structure more difficult to understand when using a screen reader.
- (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.2, 2.1.1) There are minor issues in the accessibility of highcharts when using a screen reader and keyboard commands (for example, descriptions that are partly in English and deficient, and a filtering function that only works with a mouse pointer).
- (WCAG 1.3.1) Some Excel documents have multi-level structures, which are difficult to understand when using a screen reader.
- (WCAG 3.3.1, 4.1.3) Error messages in forms are not accessible.
- (WCAG 1.4.3) There are some contrast problems in form texts (white on green).
- (WCAG 1.3.1, 4.1.3) A screen reader user is not adequately informed of moving to a new page in a form.
- (WCAG 4.1.2) The programmatically determined label of the input field related to CAPTCHA verification in forms is not accessible.
- (WCAG 1.4.4) Form contents have some scaling problems if the text is resized by 200%.
- (WCAG 4.1.2) The iframe element titles in forms do not describe the element content.
- (WCAG 1.3.1) There are some issues related to the naming of the site’s landmarks that hamper screen reader use. Some of the names are in English, while others do not describe the meaning of the landmark clearly.
An effort will be made to rectify these problems in 2019.
Certain content is excluded from the applicable legislation
The following content and/or functionalities are not accessible as they are not covered by the applicable legislation (Act on the provision of digital services 306/2019).
- A YouTube channel administrated by Traficom and the Dreambroker service have video content published before 23 September 2020. Some of this video content does not have subtitles and/or audio description. Under the Act, video content published before 23 September 2020 need not be made accessible retroactively or taken down.
Our e-services requiring login are part of a separate entity published before 23 September 2018. For this reason, the accessibility requirements will apply to the e-services as from 23 September 2020.
Accessibility statement preparation
This statement was prepared on 20 September 2019.
The statement is based on a third-party assessment of whether or not the website meets the requirements of Directive (EU) 2016/2102.
The latest review of the statement was carried out on 3 October 2019.
Feedback and contact details
Did you notice an accessibility problem on our website? Let us know about it, and we will do our best to offer the information and content in an accessible format as soon as possible! You can contact us either by using our online form or by email.
Email address for providing feedback: viestinta(at)traficom.fi
Traficom's Communications department is responsible for accessibility on the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom’s website and for processing any feedback.
If you notice accessibility issues on the website, first give feedback to the website administrator. Receiving a response may take 14 days. If you are not satisfied with the response or you receive no response within two weeks, you can provide feedback to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The Agency’s accessibility requirements website (saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi) explains how you can lodge a complaint and how the matter will be processed.
Supervisory authority’s contact details
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility oversight unit
- Telephone +358 295 016 000 (exchange)