Test plate certificate
A test plate certificate is a certificate issued to a company for the temporary transfer and use of a vehicle which includes test plates.
Test plates may only be used by the holder of the test plate certificate or the holder’s representative (based on an employment relationship or commission). Test plates may only be used by the holder of the certificate for business-related purposes in the following situations:
- tests related to research and development concerning the vehicle or its equipment
- short-term test drives or presentation of the vehicle for sales purposes
- other transfers directly related to the vehicle’s manufacture, sale, outfitting, repair or inspection.
Test plates may be used to drive:
- unregistered, decommissioned vehicles and
- registered vehicles banned from traffic due to non-inspection or non-roadworthiness, but only for the purpose of transfers required by repairs or inspection.