When there are registration data changes regarding a vehicle you own or are the holder of, you must make a register notification of the change within 7 days after the change. A notification must be made, for example, when you buy a vehicle or when there are changes to a vehicle’s owner’s or holder’s information or a change to the use of a vehicle. Notification in changes in the owner and holder of a vehicle that has been decommissioned must also be made to the register within the deadline.
When is a register notification not necessary?
- A change in a person's name , address and change of municipality of residence
- Change in a company’s head office, name and address
- The death of a person
- Changes in insurance information
- Change in the structure of a vehicle or its equipment approved in a modification and coupling inspection
- Any change in the structure or equipment that does not require a modification inspection .
How the deadline is calculated?
The date of the change is not included when calculating the deadline. For example, if the change takes place on a Wednesday, the declaration can still be made on the Wednesday of the following week. If the last day of the deadline is a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, the notification can be made on the next business day.