Traficom’s service for public vehicle data and tax payments helps sellers and buyers verify vehicle information
In the service for public vehicle data and tax payments, users can check register entries on the technical data, tax information, owner details and ownership history of any vehicle. Vehicle taxes can also be paid in the service.
The new and improved service can be accessed via the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom’s e-Services. Using the service requires identification.
Data searches based on registration or vehicle identification number
When buying a car, it is always good to check the vehicle’s register and tax data. It is advisable to only by vehicles from their registered owners to avoid problems with ownership issues, motor liability insurance and vehicle taxes. The revamped service for public vehicle data and tax payments helps buyers check these details. Users can also check whether a vehicle has been decommissioned, for example.
Vehicle data free of charge, owner and ownership data subject to a fee
For example, the following information can be obtained via the service free of charge:
- technical data on vehicles
- vehicle dimensions and masses
- information on roadworthiness inspections
- the vehicle’s latest periodic inspection
- deadline for the vehicle’s next periodic inspection
- faults and required repairs identified during periodic inspection
- the latest odometer reading recorded during periodic inspection
- vehicle tax data
- the amount of tax that has fallen or will fall due.
The service also includes information that is subject to a separate charge. These include, for example, the name of the vehicle’s owner or holder and details on the vehicle’s ownership history. Each query costs €2.
Further information and enquiries
Media service, Traficom’s Communications Department: tel. +358 29 534 5648