Change vehicle tax payment
In addition to making a single payment, you can also pay your vehicle tax in two or four instalments. You can change the number of your instalments once in a tax period, and you must give notification of the change before the first due date of the new tax period. When you pay your vehicle tax in instalments, a charge of EUR 3 will be added to each instalment.
Use the e-services if you would like to change your vehicle tax instalments
Conditions for using the service
- The number of instalments may only be changed by the person liable to pay the vehicle’s taxes
- The instalments may be changed once in a tax period
- You must give notification of changing the instalments before the first due date of a new tax period
- The due date will not change
- When you pay your vehicle tax in two instalments, the payment periods are 183 days and 182 days (in a leap year, 183 days)
- When you pay your vehicle tax in four instalments, the payment periods of the first three instalments are 91 days, while the fourth period is 92 days (in a leap year, 93 days)
- Traficom's e-Services are not available to companies that are bankrupt proceedings.
Alternative ways of using the service
- If you cannot use the e-services, you can call the vehicle tax advisory service to change the number of your vehicle tax instalments.