Transport matters in e-services
- The My e-Services portal, which requires identification, includes vehicle information, registration and tax services as well as services concerning driving licences.
- Public services, which do not require identification Some of the services can be used online, while others require you to print out the documents and send them by post.
- In addition to the e-services channel, you can visit the service points of Traficom's service provider or manage your issues by post, depending on the service you are using.
Logging in to the portal
Private customers log in and verify their identity using the Finnish government's shared Suomi.fi identification service. Traficom allows identification through bank identifiers, a mobile certificate or a certificate card of the Population Register Centre.
Organisations log in using the KATSO service or the Suomi.fi identification service. The institutional roles of the Suomi.fi service in Traficom's My e-Services portal include:
- Managing director
- Deputy managing director
- Chair of the board
For more information about the Suomi.fi identification, see the state's joint Public Service Info (External link).
Different levels of authorisation can be granted to employees in the KATSO service, which is intended for organisations. The authorisation enables using e-services that require identification. You can set up the KATSO identification service at https://www.vero.fi/en/About-us/contact-us/efil/katso-identification/ (External link). The KATSO identification system enables the organisations to independently authorise their employees to play different roles in the My e-Services portal. Trafi's roles in the KATSO service include:
- Administrator/ Co-administrator
- ('Master User' in KATSO) who can access all services in the My e-Services portal and grant other employees authorisations for service use. Administrator accepts the terms and conditions of use (when signing in for the first time).
- Vehicle registration
- The role carries the right to perform vehicle registrations and provide notification of the rectification of defects identified during the inspection of a craft. The role does not carry the right to create or view vehicle certificates.
- Digital certification rights
- The role enables the user to generate and remove digital certifications for vehicles. The role carries the right to perform vehicle registrations and provide notification of the rectification of defects identified during the inspection of a craft.
- Vehicle taxation
- The role carries the right to notify and agree on information used in vehicle taxation. The role carries viewing rights to other data, but no right to view vehicle certificates.
- View vehicle data
- The role carries the right to view data on vehicles under your ownership or possession (excluding certificates) and to print related documents. The role includes the right to order data products subject to charge from Information Services.
The KATSO authentication provider KATSO PWD is for the role View vehicle data and KATSO OTP is for the other roles. For further information on setting up and using the KATSO authentication, please refer to Tax Administration (External link).
Some services are subject to a fee which is charged when the transaction or order is completed. You can pay buy using your Finnish online banking username and password or a credit card (Visa debit and credit, Visa Electron, Mastercard debit and credit, Maestro and American Express). Further information on paying with a card is available at https://www.korttiturvallisuus.fi/en/Online/Strong-authentication/ (External link) and https://www.korttiturvallisuus.fi/en/Online/CreditDebit/ (External link).
The organisation may also select electronic invoicing as a method of payment in some services. You may start using e-invoices after the organisation's main user adds an e-invoicing address for the organisation in the section "Organisation's details".
Some online services require supporting documents to be sent as an attachment. To attach documents, you can either scan them or take a photograph of them, for example with your smartphone.
Specific instructions for each service are available on our website under 'Services' . The descriptions can also be found within My e-Services, under Instructions. More detailed instructions can be found after logging in.
Obstacles to using e-services
There are reasons why e-services may be unavailable. One is that the status of a service has been set as "passive" for a user within My e-Services. This may, for example, be because the user's vehicle is recorded as having an alteration prohibition in the register.
Data in the portal is transferred over a secured connection (SSL). A security audit has been performed on the portal.
Users must approve the Terms and Conditions of Service before they can view their data and make use of the My e-Services portal. The approval is given when logging in. The terms can be viewed in advance here .
If you notice any faults or inconsistencies in our services, please let us know so that we can correct them as soon as possible. We are also happy to receive suggestions for improvements. In these matters, please contact customer services.
Browser and operating system compatibility
Our e-Services are designed for use with the major browsers, and their functionality in these browsers has been tested: Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Explorer 9.0 and later, and Safari. Trafi's registration services requiring authentication can only be accessed through browsers that support SSL.
Mobile functionality has been tested on iOS, Android and Windows platforms.
Should any technical issues arise concerning functionality, we recommend trying a different device or browser. Please also send feedback to our customer services. We use feedback to improve the technical functionality and usability of our services.
Opening files in pdf format requires Adobe Reader software, which can be downloaded free from http://www.adobe.com/ (External link).
The website is designed to work responsively, and it has been tested in three device display sizes. If the site does not work optimally on your device or browser, we recommend trying a different device or browser.
Links and navigation
Any links to sites external to the portal open as new pages. Having used the page, please close it from the top right-hand corner. Do not use the browser's back/forward buttons within the portal; instead, use the buttons and links provided in the portal.
Exiting the portal and clearing the cache
To exit the portal securely use the Log out function. If you used a shared device to access the portal, we recommend clearing the browser's cache after use.