Front Page: Traficom
Front Page: Traficom
Go to Search

Effects of Brexit on aircraft operators

United Kingdom air carriers flying to Finland

As of 1st January 2021 United Kingdom air carriers operating to Finland needs to have an TCO Authorisation issued by EASA. Separate operating authorisation is not needed.

For both scheduled and non-scheduled direct flights between United Kingdom and Finland the air carrier should provide the insurance certificates and the traffic programs for information to the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom. 

For other non-scheduled operations permit is needed from the Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom. Air carrier shall provide the insurance certificates with the application.

Aviation licences and flight training

As from 1 January 2021, the United Kingdom is considered a so-called third country as regards aviation licences and flight training. This means that EASA countries' mutual acceptance no longer applies to licences, training authorisations or simulator approvals issued by the UK CAA.