34.5 m EMS2 trucks 4 years in Finland
EMS2 trucks have been part of the Finnish transport system for 4 years – over 100 million km of experience gained with 34 m 76 t trucks. Join our seminar on the journey on 2 February 2023 at 8.30–16.
High Capacity Transport trials started in Finland in 2013. After good experiences, 34.5 m EMS2 trucks were allowed on 21 January 2019 without any special permit on the whole road network.
Time: Thursday, 2 February 2023 at 9–16
Place: Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom, Opastinsilta 12 A, 00520 Helsinki.
The venue has room for 40 participants.
8:30 Doors open
9:00 Regulatory development and road infrastructure
- Elisa Vornanen, Senior Specialist, Ministry of Transport and Communications,
- Tapio Ojanen, Deputy Director, Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency
- Otto Lahti, Chief Adviser, Finnish Transport and Communications Agency
10:45 Driver training and experiences on the road
- Jussi Salminen, Training Manager, CAP Pro Academy
- Juha Nyberg, Chairman, and Timo Kima, Adviser, Rahtarit ry (association for professional drivers)
13:15 EMS2 user cases
- Tuomo Vallas, CEO, Speed Oy
- Henri Jussila, Deputy Managing Director, Kuljetusliike Ilmari Lehtonen (Kaukokiito)
- Iiro Mäkinen, CEO, SE Mäkinen Logistics Oy
14:45 The future of 34 m trucks - What the long haulage truck will look like in four years
- Petri Murto, Director, Finnish Transport and Logistics SKAL
- Lena Larson, Project Manager, Volvo Trucks
- Matti Virtanen, Sales Director, VAK
16:00 Thank you and have a safe trip home!
Finnish Transport and Communications Agency Traficom