- remove a domain name based on website content
- assess the lawfulness of website content
- order website content to be removed or website to be shut down.
If the protection of a name or trademark begins after the registration of the domain name, the domain name has not infringed the name or trademark at the time of registration. If a removal claim is based on a protected name or trademark that has been registered after the domain name, the claim will be rejected like other removal claims without legal basis .
Contact a registrar when
- you want to conclude a contract with a registrar
- you want to change your registrar
- you want to update your contact details in the domain name register
- you want to make changes to your domain name (transfer, remove from register, etc.)
- you have questions regarding invoicing of domain names.
Traficom provides guidance when
- you have an fi-domain name but no registrar
- your registrar repeatedly neglects its statutory responsibilities or obligations
- you need more information about the possibility to have someone else's fi-domain name removed from the fi-domain name register and the fi-root.
Contact another authority in the following cases:
- Your issue concerns website content. Traficom does not monitor website content. If necessary, report website content to the police. (External link)
- You have a question regarding the contents of a contract concluded with a registrar (termination of contract, change in prices, contractual provision, etc.) The Finnish Competition and Consumer Authority advises customers in problems related to contracts. (External link)
- You need more information on how to register a trademark or a company name. The Finnish Patent and Registration Office provides assistance in such registrations. (External link)