Availability of road transport licence and examination services improves at the turn of the year
More Ajovarma service points begin providing services for driving examinations, driving licences and other road transport licences and qualifications in January 2023.
As from 1 January 2023, all Ajovarma service points will hold theoretical tests for professional qualifications in road transport and accept licence and permit applications relating to qualifications. Opening hours will also be extended. Ajovarma has 96 service points across Finland. For details, please see the Traficom map service (External link).
New customer service numbers for licence and examination matters
As from 2 January 2023, the Traficom customer service for road transport licence and examination matters will be open from Monday to Friday from 8.00 to 15.45.
General information and guidance on driving licences, driving examinations, personal licences and professional qualifications
- service in Finnish: +358 29 534 5115
- service in Swedish: +358 29 534 5117
- service in English: +358 29 534 5118
Ajovarma appointment bookings and information and guidance on e-services for driving licence matters
- service in Finnish: +358 29 534 5113
- service in Swedish: +358 29 534 5112
- service in English: +358 29 534 5111
Traficom’s e-services are open 24/7
Some road transport licence applications can be submitted online via Traficom’s My e-Services. You can use our e-services to:
- order a new driving licence (External link)
- apply for your first driving licence (External link)
- apply for a driving instruction permit (External link)
- apply for an age exception permit for a driving licence (External link)
- upgrade your driving licence (External link)
- renew a driving licence that is about to expire (External link)
- apply for a parking card for people with reduced mobility (External link)
- view information on your right to drive and print out a copy of your driving licence extract (External link)
The range of services available via Traficom’s My e-Services will be extended in early 2023 with new transport licence services.