Public watercraft data
By typing in a registration number you can check the technical data, engine data and owner data of any watercraft entered in the Transport Register. The service is subject to a fee.
You can access the following data using the service
• technical data
• engine data
• names of owner and holder
The content of register entries varies depending on the registration date of the watercraft. Access to the data may be restricted. In this case, Traficom cannot disclose personal data related to the watercraft. This will not affect the fee charged for retrieving register entries.
Conditions for using the service
- To log in to My e-Services, you need to verify your identity using online banking codes, a mobile certificate or a certificate card.
- You can only search for watercraft that have been entered in the Transport Register.
To open PDF files, you need Adobe Reader software. You can download it free of charge at www.adobe.com/ (External link).
- The primary purpose of the service is to allow consumers who are in the process of purchasing a watercraft to verify the reliability of the watercraft and owner data provided by the seller, such as whether the seller is the registered owner of the watercraft. Any information retrieved using the service must not be used for illegal purposes or for purposes that could compromise the privacy of individuals.
- The service is only available for authenticated private customers.
- The number of queries is limited.
- The watercraft owner history in the service goes back to 1 August 2014.
- The ownership history contains information on one natural person as a previous owner. For others, and if the ownership has ceased more than five years ago, the history data only shows the type and period of ownership. Information on organisations as owners is always provided.
- For owners, holders and those subject to notification of transfer, the only available information is their name.
- A notification of transfer means that the registered owner of a watercraft has notified Traficom that they have sold the watercraft to someone else.
- Data will not be available for deregistered watercraft. A watercraft can be permanently deregistered for example if it has been destroyed or scrapped.